𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 ……………
Claire Wardle is co-founder and director of First Draft. According to Claire Wardle of First Draft News, she categorizes information into two types: misinformation and disinformation.
Satire or parody, false connection, and misleading content, these types, are parts of misinformation.
1) Satire or parody means that “No intention to cause harm, but has the potential to fool.”
2) False connection can be described “when headlines, visuals or captions don’t support the content.”
3) Misleading content is a type of delusion at where “Misleading use of information to frame an issue or individual.”
False context, imposter content, fabricated content, and manipulated content are involved in disinformation.
1) False context is become “When genuine content is shared with false contextual information.”
2) Imposter Content is described “When genuine sources are impersonated.”
3) Fabricated Content is “Content that is 100% false and is designed to deceive or do harm”
4) Manipulated Content is mentioned “When genuine information or imagery is manipulated to deceive.”
NDI. 2018. Supporting Information Integrity and Civil Political Discourse.